With the BMW N55 and S55 engines, the central screw of the crankshaft can loosen over time. This causes the timing to become misaligned, which can result in major engine damage. The center bolt lock, made from T-6061 billet aluminum, prevents just this twisting of the crankshaft bolt.
The kit comes complete with the 8 high strength bolts required. The tightening torque of the screws is 20Nm and 90 degrees.
We recommend to install the lock already with original engines! At the latest with performance-enhanced BMW N55/S55 engines, however, it is indispensable!
Note: The locking device prevents the central screw from turning. The function of this safety device is only given when the central screw is still tight. The turning of a loosened central screw cannot be prevented with the help of this safety device. Before installation, please check that the control times are still correct and that the central screw is tight!
- BMW M2 (F87) CS S55B30 | 450 PS
- BMW M2 (F87) Competition S55B30 | 410 PS
- BMW M3 (F80) CS S55B30 | 460 PS
- BMW M3 (F80) Competition S55B30 | 450 PS
- BMW M3 (F80) S55B30 | 431 PS
- BMW M4 (F82) CS S55B30 | 460 PS
- BMW M4 (F82) Competition S55B30 | 450 PS
- BMW M4 (F82) GTS S55B30 | 500 PS
- BMW M4 (F82) S55B30 | 431 PS